What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Help: Cant Open Apps

h974483

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When trying to open an app, it appears to open for a second or two, the screen flickers black when attempting to open it, and the app closes. No error message.
Huh? Now all my other sweet Apps arent opening either?
especially my dictionary apps...very annoying, can you tell me any ways to change it?
Thanks

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When trying to open an app, it appears to open for a second or two, the screen flickers black when attempting to open it, and the app closes. No error message.
Huh? Now all my other sweet Apps arent opening either?
especially my dictionary apps...very annoying, can you tell me any ways to change it?
Thanks

Hello h974483, and welcome to the forum. When any app seems to be "misbehaving", the following often solves the problem.

Double press on the home page button to bring up all the apps you have used in the task bar at the bottom of the screen. Hold down on any one of them until they all start to jiggle. Then delete them all by tapping on the "X" in the corner. Restart your iPad.
Note that this does not get rid of any of your apps but merely tidies up RAM.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
H

h974483

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello h974483, and welcome to the forum. When any app seems to be "misbehaving", the following often solves the problem.

Double press on the home page button to bring up all the apps you have used in the task bar at the bottom of the screen. Hold down on any one of them until they all start to jiggle. Then delete them all by tapping on the "X" in the corner. Restart your iPad.
Note that this does not get rid of any of your apps but merely tidies up RAM.
Regards, Andrew

Thanks, I have tried this just now but it does not work...try to get away from this... but thanks anyway

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried this just now but it does not work...try to get away from this... but thanks anyway

I have not much more help ammunition left, but these two suggestions may help (if you have not already tried)
1) Reset (reboot) your iPad:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
2) delete those recalcitrant apps, then reload them from the app store.
Regards, Andrew

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not much more help ammunition left, but these two suggestions may help (if you have not already tried)
1) Reset (reboot) your iPad:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
2) delete those recalcitrant apps, then reload them from the app store.
Regards, Andrew

I have found that using both of his tips together works best - close all apps first then, while nothing is open, reset using the Home and on/off button.

Most reactions

Latest posts