What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad having problems with school email address?

Calevra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey my problem is using the ipad from my school email address. Everytime I compose or reply to an email from my school email account it never sends them just saves them to the outbox.

I am wondering why its doing that? Has anybody ever heard of this happening, if so any suggestions on how to fix this.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey my problem is using the ipad from my school email address. Everytime I compose or reply to an email from my school email account it never sends them just saves them to the outbox.

I am wondering why its doing that? Has anybody ever heard of this happening, if so any suggestions on how to fix this.

Examine the settings that your school recommends...examine the details carefully.

In particular, examine the names of the IMAP (or POP) and SMTP servers, and examine the kind of security involved (TLS, or whatever), and what PORTS your school requires for for incoming and outgoing.

Is outgoing authentication required? Do they require the whole email address when you identify yourself, or just an account name? That is, do they want "GeorgeKnighton" or do they want [email protected]?

If it's iMAP, did you set it up as an Exchange server, and is that what they want?

It's not at all unusual for organisations to use unusual port numbers as a part of their overall security and control of their mail servers.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts