What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Has the Fastest Adoption Rate in Electronics Product History

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

CNN reports today on the findings of Bernstein Research analyst Colin McGranahan, who says that customers are adopting the iPad faster than any other consumer electronics device, including Apple’s own iPhone and the DVD player. According to McGranahan, Apple is currently shifting approximately 4.5 million units per quarter, beating the 1 million per quarter of the original iPhone, and the 350, 000 per quarter of DVD players when they first went on sale.

And the news gets even better for Apple, with McGranahan predicting that if it continues to sell at the current rate, it could make $9 billion per year, exceeding the annual sales figures of games consoles and cell phones on its way to becoming the fourth biggest consumer electronics category, tucked in neatly behind TVs, smartphones and laptops.

“The iPad did not seem destined to be a runaway product success straight out of the box,†McGranahan stated in a note to investors. “By any account, the iPad is a runaway success of unprecedented proportions.â€

Source: CNN

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I think this is bad reasoning in not taking into account the fact that the iPad was preceded by the iPod Touch. It paved the way...and so did the iPhone.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am glad this is happening. Now all others companies HAVE TO step their game up. Which will in turn make Apple come even better. The Ipad is my fav. Device of all time, So Far. ;-)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they obviously can't keep that rate for long...eventually the market will be saturated and sales will slow considerably....second gen sales will be the lowest and 3rd gen will once again be huge.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they obviously can't keep that rate for long...eventually the market will be saturated and sales will slow considerably....second gen sales will be the lowest and 3rd gen will once again be huge.

Exactly. I want to wait till 3rd generation because it will have the biggest and newest technological advances on it. This second generation comin is stuff that they could have easily put on the 1st generation...lol. As far as the cams n stuff goes.
Off subject, but have you heard any news or rumours about apple making drivers or allowing cam usage thru camera connection kit? I know about the iphone app to connect wirelessly but what if u dont have an iphone? Lol
Apple needs to stop b.s.n. And make it so that we can add a webcam thru the camera connection kit. Geeez..lol

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Exactly. I want to wait till 3rd generation because it will have the biggest and newest technological advances on it. This second generation comin is stuff that they could have easily put on the 1st generation...lol. As far as the cams n stuff goes.
Off subject, but have you heard any news or rumours about apple making drivers or allowing cam usage thru camera connection kit? I know about the iphone app to connect wirelessly but what if u dont have an iphone? Lol
Apple needs to stop b.s.n. And make it so that we can add a webcam thru the camera connection kit. Geeez..lol

Its not up to Apple to create drivers...it is up to a manufacturer to provide them. More than likely you will never see the ability to plug a webcam and just use it on any app.....BUT you might see say, logitech release a webcam that has an app that lets you use skype and whatnot...then if you are jailbroken use it for other apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts