What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad has stopped syncing

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a little reluctant to post this as I am mindful of the adage "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched", but ...

Step one - back-up to the iMac!

Step two - sign out of iCloud yet retain the data on the iPad. Failure, abject failure. No change.

Step three - mutter a few ancient Anglo-Saxon incantations and witches' spells whilst simultaneously preparing some good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon Oaths and Curses in readiness just in case it all goes FUBAR and then ... sign out of iCloud and deleting all iCloud data from the iPad.

Step four - do a hard reset just for good measure. After all, in for a penny in for a pound and nothing to lose at this stage!

Step five - sign in to iCloud and hold my breath. After a worrying length of time, during which I was beginning to panic, the individual Calendars started to reload, very slowly!

Step six - make an entry on the iMac and ... it appeared on the iPad within thirty seconds.

I shall continue to be paranoid for a few days yet until I am fully satisfied that normality has been restored but it looks to me as if the estimable twerppoet has come up with the answer.

Many thanks indeed, twerppoet

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So will I!

I shall, or at least I hope I shall, be able to so do - see you in a week!

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it's a little more than the promised week (been busy: things to be, places to do - you know the sort of thing) and I'm delighted to say that syncing continues in the way that it should.

Thanks for the help.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But ...

... and there's always a but ...

... since El Capitan something odd has happened.

I noticed that a calendar to which I subscribed had stopped syncing immediately after I upgraded the iMac to El Capitan. El Capitan may, of course, be the obligatory Red Herring in all mystery stories. but the phenomenon was undoubtedly first experienced after I had upgraded.

However, after the expert tutelage above I knew no fear and decided to look on my actual iCloud account to see which version of the offending calendar was "up there".

Imagine my surprise when I noticed that none of the five calendars to which I subscribe appear in the left hand column of my iCloud Calendar page.

I can't say for sure that they did before because I have had no need to ever look before. Well, that's not strictly true, I did have occasion to look when being helped by twerppoet, but not at that specific point so they may or may not have been there.

I have taken a look at what settings I can, on both my iCloud account "in the sky" and on my iMac but can see nothing that looks amiss. Going to "Get Info" on the iMac shows Location as iCloud with Remove Alerts and Attachments both checked. Last updated shows 30 October 2015 at 10:58:55 GMT and Auto-refresh every hour - and yet nothing appears on my actual iCloud.

It is my station in life to be an idiot, but that aside, can anyone help untangle this web of intrigue, please?

Most reactions

Latest posts