What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad has hung

Andrew_Hague

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just raised a question on a sync problem I have. the suggested answer refered me to the mauual on the Apple site which suggested a close down by holding the sleep key then sliding the red slider accross the screen.

I did this and now all I have is the little spinning circle in the middle of the screen and no response to any key.

What should I do now?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
press that same sleep and home(circle) at the same time, 10 secs....

OP
A

Andrew_Hague

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That has got rid of the circle but now nothing works. Is there another series of keying?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
patience grasshopper, try again.

turn on regular.

or plug into itunes.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
you might need to do a system restore.

i had a syncing/upgrading issue this after noon. my ipad just hung. i unplugged/plugged it back into it itunes where itunes informed me i need a system restore on it. arse.

luckily i backed up the ipad and all apps and all data earlier on this after noon.

it performed a factory reset. took about 5-10 mins. i then restored it from this afternoon's backup. worked a charm. took about 2 hours by the time all apps were automatically re-installed. all i had to do was re-sync over my films and music.

im not an itunes fan, and i've had the 'odd glitch' on a good few occasions whilst syncing or upgrading the ipad fw before, which is why i regularly backup. it certainly paid off today for me.

SierraOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my ipad, it's hung and it couldn't be restored. I've followed the restore procedure, but it seems itunes couldn't connect to my ipad. The screen shows apple logo and circle bar. Every time I do the reset (pressing home and sleep together) the circle bar is coming back. I got frustrated and don't know how to do. Is there anyone could help me out?

Most reactions

Latest posts