What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad has blue box with a ? in place of images

briannnebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I recently ignored the Cisco warning about a website( I know, I'm stupid) and since I have a lot of blue square boxes with a question mark on web pages with images, and even on some login verification numbers. I have plenty of memory left on the iPad. What have I done and how do I fix it?

OP
B

briannnebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reset

Resetting worked for few hours, now it's back. Any thoughts?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Usually this happens (for me) when the page doesn't load correctly, though it has never been an extensive problem. Usually refreshing the page fixes it for me. But it could be that the image formats may actually be some kind of flash.

OP
B

briannnebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Usually this happens (for me) when the page doesn't load correctly, though it has never been an extensive problem. Usually refreshing the page fixes it for me. But it could be that the image formats may actually be some kind of flash.

Thanks,

It only does it through my wifi connection, 3G is slow, but everything dl's fine. I reset my wifi, no change.

OP
B

briannnebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
briannnebo said:
Hi, I'm new here. I recently ignored the Cisco warning about a website( I know, I'm stupid) and since I have a lot of blue square boxes with a question mark on web pages with images, and even on some login verification numbers. I have plenty of memory left on the iPad. What have I done and how do I fix it?

Example

Attachments

• image-3602266038.jpg
    image-3602266038.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 281

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
briannnebo said:

Ohhhh I see, does this only happen in your mail app? I get this sometimes. It's some sort of security thing where the email won't display the images because it might be "unsafe" or some kind of spam. Is this in your junk box? Or in your main inbox? Is there option to display or read full message at the bottom of the email?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you've closed the offending app out comletely, then re-opened it with the problem still there? It may be that the images aren't coming through to you Mail app (in this case).

Could you have turned of the images settings for Mail? To check, go to the "Mail, Contact, Calendar" tab in your Settings app. Look down the right side for a line titled "Load Remote Images" and ensure it is ON. If it is, then I'm sorry, but I have no other explanation. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts