What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad goes to black and only back again with Home and on button - why?

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My iPad has been great for all the time I have had it but for the last 3 or so months i am getting this problem.

At times I pick it up and hit then Home button expecting it to show the open screen as usual but it is black and stays black.

I turn it on and off and hold that button down for a while but still black.

I try the Home and the On /Off and still black but when I hold them both down for a count of 10 or so, it comes alive.

At times it is 100% battery so it is not that.

Any help please because I rely on this at times and it would cause me great trouble if this happened when I really need it to be alive.

Thanks

oz

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like the iPad is experiencing an issue causing it to crash. When you press the home and power button together for 10 seconds that is resetting it.

Check the dock connector for damage or debris . If that looks ok, Try setting it up as a new iPad ( back it up in iCloud or iTunes first ) and see that helps. If neither helps you may want to prepare yourself to replace the iPad down the road. From my experience the iPad will eventually crash and not wake up.

You can also take it to an Apple Store and they can check the crash logs but since it is 3 years old, they likely won't do much other than try to sell you a new one.

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See if its the button by turning on assistive touch. Settings>general>accesibilty>assistive touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts