What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad goes straight to pin when using magnetic cover

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what is happening. Do you have to enter the PIN code (for the SIM card) whenever your device is locked by the cover?

OP
D

DTonesXD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what is happening. Do you have to enter the PIN code (for the SIM card) whenever your device is locked by the cover?
So as part of my ipad's security i have set a pin, as i normally would. Without the case, and i just press the button, i see the wallpaper where i can slide to unlock. With the case on, and i open it, the ipad turns on because of the magnets but it goes straight to the pin (it works like a smart cover). Is there a way to make it so it doesn't go straight to the pin, but rather the "slide to unlock" screen?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This happens automatically, afaik. You can't change the behaviour. When you remove the cover, you'll have to enter the passcode you set up.
The only setting you're able to change is whether or not your iPad locks when covered. This is done in Settings - General - Lock/Unlock.

Most reactions