What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Goes Black for few seconds - hardware or IOS 7?

Sapsjr609

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least 5 time over the past couple of days my iPad seems to restart--but it's much to fast for a restart. It crashes and goes to the black screen with the centered apple logo. Only stays like this for a couple of seconds and "awakes" on the lock screen.

I'm hoping some of my fellow iPad owners might have an idea as to what this is.
Is it hardware, overuse maybe? It did not do this before iOS 7

I really don't know what to think. I would love your thoughts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least 5 time over the past couple of days my iPad seems to restart--but it's much to fast for a restart. It crashes and goes to the black screen with the centered apple logo. Only stays like this for a couple of seconds and "awakes" on the lock screen. I'm hoping some of my fellow iPad owners might have an idea as to what this is. Is it hardware, overuse maybe? It did not do this before iOS 7 I really don't know what to think. I would love your thoughts! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's happened to me a few times since i updated IOS 7. I've found that resetting my iPad has helped but it still does it probably one or two days later.

Most reactions