What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad gesters

zplugger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts,wish I learn apple a lot sooner in life.Is it possible to wake up ipad using gesters instead of home button. Lets say I want to use a x gester on screen to wake it up,is this possible.Is there a good guide for this.

Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's Apple's user guide: http://help.apple.com/ipad/10/

You can also get it in iBooks Store, for free.

There's no gesture to wake up your iPad. If you use a case with a smart cover, it will wake up your device when you lift the cover. You can also press the Power button to get this done.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you let us know why you need to wake the iPad with a gesture instead of the Power button, someone might know of third solution that will meet your needs. Maybe something in the Accesibilty features.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts,wish I learn apple a lot sooner in life.Is it possible to wake up ipad using gesters instead of home button. Lets say I want to use a x gester on screen to wake it up,is this possible.Is there a good guide for this.

Thanks
This would require continuous power being fed to the screen to keep the touchscreen turned on. That's bound to be major battery drain. This is why the screen shuts off and is non-responsive when the iPad is asleep. Also, you could likely press the home button to wake the iPad in less time than using an onscreen gesture would take.

Most reactions

Latest posts