What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad frozen

patchy57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an iPad 64Gb 3g which was jail broken on 4.3.5, I upgraded to 5.0 but after nearly every app crashing repeatedly I looked for possible solutions and thought the best for the moment was to downgrade using saved SHSH and restore. Then arrived fresh problems with the settings being blank -literally no text - so I though fine I will restore again, and tried to power down to enter DFU mode. Now the screen has been for over one hour with the apple showing and the circle. The power will not respond, connecting to pc iTunes recognises it as being there but just the circle next to the iPad name appears.
Help what can I do? I was thinking of waiting until the battery was flat but it was over 80% charged, is that an option?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try a reset (hold until the screen goes black and then you get the Apple icon ... and eventually the iPad homescreen appears)?

What happens if you right click on the iPad line in iTunes? Do you get any options?

Have you tried getting the iPad in to DFU mode from where it is. See this:

"In order to put your device into DFU mode, with the iPad connected to your computer (and iTunes not running) and turned on or off (it doesn't matter), you must press the "home" and "power" buttons together for EXACTLY 10 seconds at which point you must release "power" but continue to hold "home". After about 15 seconds, the device will enter DFU mode."

Try some of that and see what happens. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

monahanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for fast reply Mickey.
Did that, and now the thing appears completely DEAD. I cannot get it to even signon. Battery was 100%.

monahanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update. Left it "settle for ~5 Minutes. It came back to life but the same problem. Still will not accept my password even though the iTunes accepts it fine!
very frustating

monahanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must apologize, I replied back to the wrong posting above. Please ignore the two above postings.

ndzelenm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Did you try a reset (hold until the screen goes black and then you get the Apple icon ... and eventually the iPad homescreen appears)?

What happens if you right click on the iPad line in iTunes? Do you get any options?

Have you tried getting the iPad in to DFU mode from where it is. See this:

"In order to put your device into DFU mode, with the iPad connected to your computer (and iTunes not running) and turned on or off (it doesn't matter), you must press the "home" and "power" buttons together for EXACTLY 10 seconds at which point you must release "power" but continue to hold "home". After about 15 seconds, the device will enter DFU mode."

Try some of that and see what happens. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Hello I also have the same problem of restore

minifesto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help with frozen iPad 3. It is now working. I have had an iPad 1 for two years with no problem. Have been using iPad 3 several months.

Most reactions

Latest posts