What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad frozen black with video

kimmyg133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas how to fix. Was watching a movie and now the screen is black. Nothing works there. I have turned it off a couple times. No luck.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kimmyg133 said:
Any ideas how to fix. Was watching a movie and now the screen is black. Nothing works there. I have turned it off a couple times. No luck.

Have you tried holding power and the home button simultaneously, for about 10 seconds or so, until it resets?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
K

kimmyg133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holding it down just turned it off, so I turned power off by swiping red bar. Nothing worked. Still black screen.

Reaction score
Sometimes a certain Video causes an issue and since Videos reopens the previous video, it can cause problems.

So either, you can search for another video using the Spotlight search and open that video, or you can change the setting under Settings->Videos->Start Playing->From Beginning.

Either way should prevent the black screen when opening Videos.

If this still doesn't work, you can connect the iPad to your computer, open iTunes and remove the video you where watching from the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Holding it down just turned it off, so I turned power off by swiping red bar. Nothing worked. Still black screen.

To do the reset hold down both the power and home button for at least 7 seconds. It's easier to just wait for the Apple logo to appear than try to time it. Ignore the power off slider. That simply turns off the iPad, a good normal restart that will cure most weirdness. The reset does a bit more.

But if you can turn it off and on, as you described, this probably won't fix the problem. Hopefully Dont's suggestion will work.

lwentworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much, DontUnderstandMyIpad!

I was halfway through an episode of "True Blood". When I returned to watch the second half, all I got was a black screen. Searching for another video didn't help, nor did resetting my iPad (as many people suggested). Resetting the Videos setting to "From Beginning" did the trick! Whew!

Sometimes a certain Video causes an issue and since Videos reopens the previous video, it can cause problems.

So either, you can search for another video using the Spotlight search and open that video, or you can change the setting under Settings->Videos->Start Playing->From Beginning.

Either way should prevent the black screen when opening Videos.

If this still doesn't work, you can connect the iPad to your computer, open iTunes and remove the video you where watching from the iPad.

Ronellvt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black screen on video

My video screen just turned black while watching a music video. I've tried everything including resetting it, going to settings>video>start from beginning. Nothing works. What else can I try? There is no search button on the black screen, so I can't search a new video, and I don't hear any audio either. PLEASE HELP!

Most reactions

Latest posts