What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad fourm buddy list?

jaynies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I received an interesting email from this fourm asking me to become buddy's. I searched the name in the fourm but
Did not find their name. Is this legit or someone phishing?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I received an interesting email from this fourm asking me to become buddy's. I searched the name in the fourm but

Have you tried to click onto the members name that sent you the Buddy request?

OP
J

jaynies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched for the name but did not see it. Do you want the name?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Please see your PM.

Same for me? Please explain if this is legit? It came straight to my email address - normally it would come as a pm and I would get an email alert. There is nothing in my pm!

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Same for me? Please explain if this is legit? It came straight to my email address - normally it would come as a pm and I would get an email alert. There is nothing in my pm!

image-180921953.jpg

Ok, when I open the link it took me to this app. Is the company phishing? If so, not impressed.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens is that if you send a friend or buddy request (that's part of this forum), the app from which you send the request oftentimes adds in a link to their app. Kind of like a form of advertising for the "privilege" of using the app to send the email.

Whenever I get the link(s) automatically added to my emails, I usually delete them because I don't want to advertise for the app. The member who was requesting you to be his buddy didn't do that.

Many apps do this (auto add "commercials"); it's nothing to be suspicious of or worried about. Honest. :)

Hope that reassures.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and you can turn off getting emails for friend/buddy requests. To do, go into the settings area of the iPad forum and scroll down the left side until you get to the line titled "General Settings." Then, scroll down until you see where you can unselect the option to receive emailed friend requests.

See this picture:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347073934.231348.jpg

There. I'm done posting here, now. :)

Marilyn

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
What happens is that if you send a friend or buddy request (that's part of this forum), the app from which you send the request oftentimes adds in a link to their app. Kind of like a form of advertising for the "privilege" of using the app to send the email.

Whenever I get the link(s) automatically added to my emails, I usually delete them because I don't want to advertise for the app. The member who was requesting you to be his buddy didn't do that.

Many apps do this (auto add "commercials"); it's nothing to be suspicious of or worried about. Honest. :)

Hope that reassures.

Marilyn

Awesome, thanks Marilyn. I get it.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is very odd. Just some random person emailing you for a friend request?
...who isn't even on the member list?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
This is very odd. Just some random person emailing you for a friend request?
...who isn't even on the member list?

We took care of this by Pm.

Most reactions

Latest posts