What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Forum using browser vs iPad app

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than no ads, I think I like the browser view better...comments?

(just downloaded it, so haven't used it much yet)

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I use the forum app, I kinda miss the look of the browser version. So, I switch back and forth. At work I'll use the browser on the PC I use. At home I'll use the app on the iPad

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The browser seems more friendly. For example, you have a preview of the latest post.

I find it annoying, though, to be pestered (in the browser) to use the app!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep prefer the browser every time as it allows you to remain on the same page when posting. The app throws you to a new page which is annoying if you are replying.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooh I dunno Gab, they appses is a bit sudden fur usen loik....t'aint natural.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the app - seems to me that I can get in, read what I want and get out a lot faster using the app...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Ooh I dunno Gab, they appses is a bit sudden fur usen loik....t'aint natural.

Cor blimey, apple and pears, innit.......I just wish that they would fix that bug where sometimes you are scrolling through the latest posts, you click on one to have a read and make a blasé comment then when you go back it disappears to a different time and post.......I get in a right two and eight!

The Archangel

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both... Not sure what I like better, but I think I use the app more because it seems faster to me.. Plus I leave myself signed in, but with the browser I always log myself out. Not sure why though. But I use the browser when I'm "tired" of the app look lol

Reaction score
I always use iPF.

While the browser offers more functionality, do I enjoy the simplicity of iPF, there is no extra info, no signatures, no ads, or any of the useless text at the top of the page, there are just the posts and user name. Quite relaxing. Going back to the website, do I feel flooded with things I don't even remotely care about.

If somehow, it is necessary to look back at previous posts, just tap on the bold thread title within iPF and it opens the thread in iPF's inbuilt browser.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mostly use the app but every now and then I use the browser. It's a nice app, IMO.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Most reactions