What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Forum Issue

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to email a thread (or a link to a thread) from this forum? I have a few friends that could benefit from the great source of info from this thread, but they haven't signed on to the forum yet. If I could just get a few of the gems from this forum to them, I'm sure they would join and benefit, and eventually, contribute.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure! Just either copy the link or, in Safari, select to e-mail the link to the thread you wish. Any one can read the forum - they can be a guest.

Marilyn

OP
ogilley

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn - What I would like to do is to be able to email an entire thread (or a link to the thread) from within the iPF app without using Safari. I read your reply, but I'm not clear on it. I can't find a way to do the email from within the iPF app and I can't find any link within the app. Is this possible and I am just missing something?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha.

I couldn't find a way to e-mail the whole thread via the IPF app, but I did find a way to e-mail a post from within the thread, which includes the link to the whole app. So, see this picture:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346204489.397771.jpg

When you are in the thread you want to share, press the check mark thing in the post (1). Then, press the Share button (2) to get the pop-up to e-mail (3). The e-mail will pop-up (4) for you to enter in the "To" details. If you look in the picture, the link to the whole thread is right there. So, you can edit out the post quote and just go with the link to the thread.

That's all I could find to send from within the app. Maybe someone might have a better way, but this'll do 'till then, hopefully?

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know the App was able to to that, Marilyn. That's good to know.

Thank you! :)

OP
ogilley

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. I had already found that option but hoped I was missing something that would let me email the whole thread. Emailing the post with a link isn't bad, I was just hoping I wasn't seeing something that would let me send the entire thread. Once I thought about it, however, the method you suggest is probably the only reasonable way to handle this issue. Some of the threads have hundreds of posts and emailing them all wouldn't be a good idea. Once you consider all the complications, the way the iPF app handles this is probably best.

Most reactions

Latest posts