What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Forum App

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must be missing something, but why use the App when the web version is more attractive and easier to navigate?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a very good question. I don't use our App. Actually, I sometimes don't know why most apps are used when I can get there faster thru Safari.

But folks like the IPF App!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To me is a personal preference. As I tell anybody, don't worry about apps or web version just use whatever you feel more comfortable with :)

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded it because it was there....

Slowly I'm getting wiser, particularly where money is involved! I fell for it with the Scripture Union App, WordLive, would you believe!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are a few benefits. The biggest one is the lower bandwidth needed for the app. When you are out and about on 3G, the app should be a lot more responsive.

That said, I tend to use whatever mode/app is handiest at the moment when on the iPad. (though I am usually on the iMac, since it's got a big screen, full keyboard, and is about 10 steps away from anywhere in the trailer.)

If I'm just checking to see new posts in my subscribed threads, I use the IPF app. Sometimes when I am bored I'll also use it to check the active topics.

If I'm looking for new threads I use Reeder. I'm subscribed to all the RSS Feeds. When I need/want to reply I use the built in web browser. (you need to change your default editor to HTML in the Edit Options on the User CP page for this to work).

If I'm just fooling around, looking over the site or figuring something out, or searching, I'll use Safari.

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is interesting, I much more prefer the app vs the website. I am constantly viewing from my phone too in order to see current posts. I tried the website thinking it would be easier, maybe I am just used to the mobile version on my phone or iPad. Anyone else agree????

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One reason I prefer using the web site via Safari on my iPad is that I can enlarge the view with the two finger spread; the normal type size in the iPF app is a little too small for me if I am holding the iPad in my lap. Unless there is a way to enlarge the type size that I have not figured out? The two finger spread does not work for me in the iPF app on the iPad.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While a browser is far more full featured, I find the app to be quite good as it can be faster for certain functions (i.e. subscribing and unsubscribing from threads). I also find myself alternating between a browser and the iPF app and wouldn't think of deleting it at this time.

I'm using a browser right now though. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts