What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad forum app

Deejay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

When I first visited this site from my pad I was offered the iPad forum app
Trouble is it doesn't display stickies posts, is this my problem or the app?
I am happy to use the app but I need the full page.

Thanks

Deejay.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Tapatalk and it does show you the stickies. When you're under general discussions look to the top left of your screen and it will say Topics, Sticky and Announcments. Click the Sticky seccssion and it will display them. This should work for all the different forums.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It does show stickies, but they are on their own tab. Make sure you are in the "Forums" view. Look at the top. You have "threads" and "stickies". OK?

It's not the best interface ever designed, but at least the stickies are in there...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When using the ipf app...it's extremely difficult process to copy a link from another thread when trying to direct someone to a useful post. Any chance to add the choice of "copy link" to the options?

OP
D

Deejay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, I think I will stick with the standard method then.

vivien05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's extremely difficult process to copy a link from another thread when trying to direct someone to a useful post.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another quirk is when I have the keyboard engaged as in pic, within the search function of the app...how can I drop the keyboard? So I can see the bottom tabs.
Unles the glaucoma is kickin' in again....where's my med's. ;)

Update: ::facepalm nevermind...tapping "clear" does it...wasn't doing it at first but when I restarted, it now works...allzzzzz fine....

Attachments

• image-1408136777.png
    image-1408136777.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vivien05 said:
it's extremely difficult process to copy a link from another thread when trying to direct someone to a useful post.

The way that I do this is to go to the thread from mobile safari and copy&paste the link into the app. It takes a minute longer, but is a good work around.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know that at the top of each thread in the IPF App, there is a bar with the thread title and an arrow pointing right?
Click on this bar and it will take you to the website version of the page where you can then hold on links and copy them. You can navigate to wherever you need to to get the link then simply get back into the IPF App thread and paste...
It's not the best, but it works without leaving the iPF App...

Hope that tip helps...

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y, thanks for that tip. I did not realize that before. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts