What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for Xmas!!

WoodHoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a brand new 32GB iPad for xmas and have been discovering fun uses for it; seems like it's got a lot of potential but I'm still trying to find that killer app(s) that make this addition to my repertoire irreplaceable

I'm a community manager (think customer service meets marketing/pr) and a producer at a Facebook games company and am very interested in using my iPad for project management and mobile note taking/processing. I've recently started using Evernote with my laptop and twitter and think the iPad would be a natural extension of the power within. Any suggestions for best-buys in the Productivity genre would be much appreciated :)

Seems like this lil bugger could pose a good case for a proper thin-client strategy...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi WH.
First Evernote and dropbox are must haves for the iPad.
Then as to vpn clients there are lots of threads on these forums.
Personally I use Splashtop but there are a lot of alternatives and it's definitely worth taking time to read the threads.
Also lots on mindmapping programs and notetaking apps.

Killer apps? Well for me streaming video from my mac and win7 boxes is very sweet. Also being able to access all my docs is great. Especially when I need to check manuals while tearing something apart. Again typing in a postal code and going into streetview to check for parking/access is something i use a lot too. Ymmv.

OP
W

WoodHoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi WH.
First Evernote and dropbox are must haves for the iPad.
Then as to vpn clients there are lots of threads on these forums.
Personally I use Splashtop but there are a lot of alternatives and it's definitely worth taking time to read the threads.
Also lots on mindmapping programs and notetaking apps.

Killer apps? Well for me streaming video from my mac and win7 boxes is very sweet. Also being able to access all my docs is great. Especially when I need to check manuals while tearing something apart. Again typing in a postal code and going into streetview to check for parking/access is something i use a lot too. Ymmv.
What do you recommend in the way of mindmapping apps?

lloydkuhnle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydkuhnle.com
iPad for Xmas

Got a brand new 32GB iPad for xmas and have been discovering fun uses for it; seems like it's got a lot of potential but I'm still trying to find that killer app(s) that make this addition to my repertoire irreplaceable

I'm a community manager (think customer service meets marketing/pr) and a producer at a Facebook games company and am very interested in using my iPad for project management and mobile note taking/processing. I've recently started using Evernote with my laptop and twitter and think the iPad would be a natural extension of the power within. Any suggestions for best-buys in the Productivity genre would be much appreciated :)

Seems like this lil bugger could pose a good case for a proper thin-client strategy...

I just got one for Christmas too.

I installed Docs To Go. It's comparable with office formats, Word, Excel, and Power Point. It's a real good deal for less than $10 at the apps store.

OP
W

WoodHoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I installed Docs To Go. It's comparable with office formats, Word, Excel, and Power Point. It's a real good deal for less than $10 at the apps store.
Any good on macros/formulas?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mindmapping I use MindNode pro on the mac which works with the touch version and for a quick map poplets which I can email. Don't have one on win7.
Do check out the forum threads though as there are a number of apps available.

Also have a look at zumocast, as not only does it convert and stream video to your iPad it can also view docs and photos on your desktop.
Very handy when you need to look something up in a hurry (without getting out of bed :) ).

lloydkuhnle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydkuhnle.com
iPad for Xmas!

Thebasic version of the Excel program works great with formulas. For a few more dollars with the premium edition, functions can be inserted into cells.

lloydkuhnle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydkuhnle.com
iPad for Xmas

Sorry, I should have been more clear. To answer any questions about DOCS TO GO, you can view the manual here:

Documents To Go

Hope that helps.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. To answer any questions about DOCS TO GO, you can view the manual here:

Documents To Go

Hope that helps.

OP
W

WoodHoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mindmapping I use MindNode pro on the mac which works with the touch version and for a quick map poplets which I can email. Don't have one on win7.
Do check out the forum threads though as there are a number of apps available.

Also have a look at zumocast, as not only does it convert and stream video to your iPad it can also view docs and photos on your desktop.
Very handy when you need to look something up in a hurry (without getting out of bed :) ).
sweeeet, definitely gonna get started on MindNode in the new year :)

thanks for the tip!

Most reactions

Latest posts