What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad for Word/Excel?

Rez90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad being shipped to me as we speak.

Is there an app that will allow me to open/alter word and excel documents for work?

Thanks very much.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages and numbers. Both $10 each.

In all honesty, they kinda hard to use and lack a lot of features but it can be used. I use the iPad as a host and if minor changes are needed then it works. I wouldn't ever use it as a full blown editor or creator.

OP
R

Rez90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages and numbers. Both $10 each.

In all honesty, they kinda hard to use and lack a lot of features but it can be used. I use the iPad as a host and if minor changes are needed then it works. I wouldn't ever use it as a full blown editor or creator.

Thank you. all i'm going to need to do is save a standard word or excel file (as a default for orders) and make slight alterations when my customers call me and email myself the new document so when i get back to my office i can produce the order i took on the ipad.

It will literally be plugging in names, address's, and a few #'s on the document.

Should be alright i think?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh ya you'll be fine.

Numbers has lots to offer. I prefer iPad vs a pen an paper due to it's weight and size. Plus clients look at you in awe like you know what your doing and have everything on lock down lol

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would second Docs to Go. It can also create and work with the latest office formats (xlsx, docx, etc)

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have docs to go and have all my work files synked to my iPad. I can open and edit with the same app or use pages or numbers.

Most reactions

Latest posts