1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad for music score reading

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by samcheri, Apr 4, 2011.

1. samcheri

samcheri iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i am 75 years old but rather tech savvy; i want to get an ipad; my main use for it will be as a music score reader; mostly single fake sheets, some with 2 or 3 pages, all in pdf format; i have a feeling the ipad screen is too small to be a good score reader; actual screen size (as I calculated it is 7.76 inches x 5.82 inches, 66% of length and 70% of width of an a4 sheet), the usual size for music scores; i know screen clairty and resolution are important; any info from persons who have actually used an ipad in real life for a music performance or daily music practice will be highly appreciated; any other (unbiased) advice re: this is most welcome
    thank you
  2. fairythere

fairythere iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just downloaded "Perform" from the App Store and it does have a function to scroll music pdf documents. There are several other programs available that scroll pdf music as well, do a search in the App Store.

I hope others chime in here with other music apps, I am always interested in trying new ones!