What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for dummy... please HELP

thichquay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased a hifi/3g 64g ipad and not sure how to turn it on. How can I by pass the "CONNECT to iTune" screen? This is the 1st time I owned a Apple product and I'm lost

btw, I'm not an ATT customer so i don't have a 3g account neither (not planning to have one)

Thanks

tq

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The first thing you need to do is download a copy of the iPad User Guide from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially since this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

OP
T

thichquay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to by pass the Connect to iTune screen?

Setting Up iPad
Before you can use iPad, you must use iTunes to set it up. You can also register iPad
and create an Apple ID (not available in some countries) if you don’t already have one.
Set up iPad:
1 Download and install the latest version of iTunes from iTunes - Download iTunes Now
2 Connect iPad to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac or PC using the cable that came with iPad.

beside my new ipad, i don't have any other apple product so not sure how i can by pass this "CONNECT to iPAD" screen?

Thanks

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the thing with Apple.
Before you start you need to go to the iTune Jail and register.
After some time when you become an expert you Break out of that jail.
What they call JailBreak n:D:D

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thichquay, it is not possible to use an iPad just by itself. You have to have a real computer as well, either a mac or pc.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thichquay, it is not possible to use an iPad just by itself. You have to have a real computer as well, either a mac or pc.

Thats not entirely true. Conceivably you could go to an apple store and let them set up and do the upgrades. Then live without syncing and make all your purchase for apps and music on the ipad itself.... no computer.

But yeah, to get the most of the device you kinda need a computer

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thats not entirely true. Conceivably you could go to an apple store and let them set up and do the upgrades. Then live without syncing and make all your purchase for apps and music on the ipad itself.... no computer.

But yeah, to get the most of the device you kinda need a computer

No way of creating Photo albums without iTune.

Most reactions

Latest posts