What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad for a sales catalog with add to cart?

Richard Rowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use an ipad to sell from like an internet site with an add to cart function? When an order was complete it could email it? It would need to be all inside the ipad because internet connections aren't everywhere. Just wondering if it would be possible. Thanks

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Filemaker Go for iPad....its just a portable version of Filemaker Pro....I think it would do exactly what you want.

oh and btw, no internet means no email ;)

OP
R

Richard Rowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That app looks like an inventory control type program and information database. I am looking for something to give our sales reps that they can show pictures of our product (Upholstered Furniture) that would have a price listed and a buy button that would compile an order as they went through the products and place the order in the outbox so it could be emailed when they have an internet connection. Our sales force do not have a need for checking inventory.

HaroldOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use an ipad to sell from like an internet site with an add to cart function? When an order was complete it could email it? It would need to be all inside the ipad because internet connections aren't everywhere. Just wondering if it would be possible. Thanks

To my knowledge there is no canned 'app' to do what you want. Why don't you do it the easy way and develop a web site to do everything that you need. Then use an iPad with wifi & 3g to access the web site. You could design the web site to give the look of an 'app'.

OP
R

Richard Rowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are in the process of building a new web site now that will allow our dealers to buy online. However our sales reps point out that alot of our dealers are in areas where they would not have reception on AT&T network and almost none our our dealers have wireless internet at their stores. We were hoping to use ipads to try and boost our sales however it may not be posible to use them. I just thought I would post this and see, you never know what someone else might be doing. Thanks

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The closest thing I know of is one I use for a side coffee-roasting business. You can add inventory and enter orders. Each instance is a standalone database on the ipad though, multiple sales people couldnt submit to a master order table. It also isn't very graphical. You get a tiny icon-sized image for each product in your inventory.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quick-sale-for-ipad/id364905884?mt=8

fishingfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Richard--just came across your post and I am in pursuit of the exact same basic functionality for a catalog client. Have you gotten anywhere?

guharoym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Richard, StoryDesk is exactly what you are looking for . We do catalogs with instant sales functionality.

if you are still in the market, drop me a msg and let me know hopw we can connect

Mrinal

Most reactions

Latest posts