What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Floor Stand

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I got a knock off version of the universal tablet holder and I love it! It's awesome!!!! It was a snap to put together and my hubby was instantly jealous. So happy to have totally hands free holder.

Do share which one, where you got it from, and what price and post pics if you can.

I saw a very similar one in China before, but that one is not stable enough. I am going to find a wall mount one but nothing can be found yet.

Do post details of that. For wall mount one, there is a clamp style/ desk mount one which is available on buy.com & best buy. Look for Gooseneck ipad arm mount (Google it).

What I'd really like is a CLAMP type COIL / GOOSENECK / FLEXIBLE ARM with a mount/ adapter that has the following features:
- Longer length of Coil and/ or Longer REACH
- I want to be able to be on a bed or at a Desk and be able to Clamp the stand onto something and EXTEND the iPad mount literally to my NECK & HEAD level - I do not want it below my neck/ eye level but literally in my face or near my face (like a fine print book), so that I dont have to bend or crank my neck down.

Is there something like that out there? Even if not I believe there could be some good DIY possibilities. Any people know where I can find Good Prices for the following 3 components that will fit and work together?
- Goose neck / Heavy Coil / Flexible Arm - Long/ length extensible
- Mount/ Adapter that can grab a iPad / Tablet - EVEN BETTER if there's one that can hold upto a 14" laptop (thinkpad)
- Clamping system that can find interesting and easy quick ways of attachment

macsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crashnburn, Thanks for your information! But the arm of Gooseneck don't seem long enough in bed use.
I like your points "I want to be able to be on a bed or at a Desk and be able to Clamp the stand onto something and EXTEND the iPad mount literally to my NECK & HEAD level - I do not want it below my neck/ eye level but literally in my face or near my face (like a fine print book), so that I dont have to bend or crank my neck down. "
I've find something interesting called Airholder, they even have a charging system in extended arm. I am thinking on this. To me, comfortable is my first concern!:)

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
crashnburn said:
Do share which one, where you got it from, and what price and post pics if you can.

Do post details of that. For wall mount one, there is a clamp style/ desk mount one which is available on buy.com & best buy. Look for Gooseneck ipad arm mount (Google it).

What I'd really like is a CLAMP type COIL / GOOSENECK / FLEXIBLE ARM with a mount/ adapter that has the following features:
- Longer length of Coil and/ or Longer REACH
- I want to be able to be on a bed or at a Desk and be able to Clamp the stand onto something and EXTEND the iPad mount literally to my NECK & HEAD level - I do not want it below my neck/ eye level but literally in my face or near my face (like a fine print book), so that I dont have to bend or crank my neck down.

Is there something like that out there? Even if not I believe there could be some good DIY possibilities. Any people know where I can find Good Prices for the following 3 components that will fit and work together?
- Goose neck / Heavy Coil / Flexible Arm - Long/ length extensible
- Mount/ Adapter that can grab a iPad / Tablet - EVEN BETTER if there's one that can hold upto a 14" laptop (thinkpad)
- Clamping system that can find interesting and easy quick ways of attachment

There are (at least were) links in my original post to both sites. The knock-off on ebay and the authentic site

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a link ? I can live with that price point

I just googled this: Amazon.com: TaoTronics TT-HS01 Full-Motion Rotatable Floor standing Holder For iPad, iPad 2, Tablets: Computers & Accessories

I received my Levo floor stand this week, which works as advertised and reviewed on Amazon, too. Happy with it. I purchased it over other floors stands because of its flexibility and the ease of attaching and removing devices. Unfortunately, I've yet to find what I'd consider an attractive floor stand. I plan to roll mine into a closet when I don't want it in plain sight.

Sonnenstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest iPad floor stand at the market

Here it is, Sir James KIOSK secure iPad floor stand with theft protection, power and anti-app stop. Handmade in germany!

It comes from

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-14 um 20.11.06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

macsniper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crashnburn, Thanks for your information! But the arm of Gooseneck don't seem long enough in bed use.
I like your points "I want to be able to be on a bed or at a Desk and be able to Clamp the stand onto something and EXTEND the iPad mount literally to my NECK & HEAD level - I do not want it below my neck/ eye level but literally in my face or near my face (like a fine print book), so that I dont have to bend or crank my neck down. "
I've find something interesting called Airholder, they even have a charging system in extended arm. I am thinking on this. To me, comfortable is my first concern!:)

I finally bought it and installed yesterday and here's the pics guys. It serves 2 positions at the same time in my balcony.

Bedside and desktop.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the one Kay Kay mentioned and I'm underwhelmed. It seems unstable as far as holding the Ipad goes. Anyone have one they love that won't break the bank?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the one Kay Kay mentioned and I'm underwhelmed. It seems unstable as far as holding the Ipad goes. Anyone have one they love that won't break the bank?

A music stand probably is the cheapest, most solid possibility, because it won't give at all. Any stand with any extending arm will have a bit of give if you're typing or playing games on it. I use mine to read and watch videos, and it works well and is plenty stable for that (if assembled right and if you haven't got a lemon). The one Amazon sells has received five stars over 20 purchases (even if you discount for reviews being questionable at times, like I do with all reviews). But I've seen knockoffs that might be less stable as well.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levo Deluxe eBook and iPad Holder Floor Stand

rshap69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)
I'm going to be ordering a new floor stand for mine called the Flote.
It's not the cheapest but it looks really cool and has received some great reviews, although I haven't received mine yet.

You can go to floteyourtablet (dot)com for more info.

Hope this helps...let me know what you all think.

samgonsalvis8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=Liberation Serif, Times New Roman, serif]Wow!It looks nice. Is locking facility available in this product?[/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts