What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad file browsing

prldoyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it possible to install some type of file browser to read devices attached to the camera connection kit without jailbreaking. i would like to open images and videos without importing them.

Cheers
Pete

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not without jailbreaking. That is one of the main reasons FOR jailbreaking. Once jailbroken you have full control of the iOS file system and you can use applications such as iFile to manage files on your device or on, for example, a SD card via the CCK.

OP
P

prldoyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Once jailbroken is it easy to get iFile?

Also i have an ipad 2 3G with ios 4.3.3 is there a jailbreak available which does not make any permanent mark on the ipad, So if i was to reset it back to factory setting later apple would never know, keeping my warranty?

Cheers
Pete

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
prldoyle said:
Thanks for the reply.

Once jailbroken is it easy to get iFile?

Also i have an ipad 2 3G with ios 4.3.3 is there a jailbreak available which does not make any permanent mark on the ipad, So if i was to reset it back to factory setting later apple would never know, keeping my warranty?

Cheers
Pete

No JB for the iPad2 yet, sorry.
I guessed you maybe had a look around this section, so didn't suspect you would be on a 2!
You can always restore any JB device to a stock state without knowing it was previously JB, but that's moot for you just now... You'll just need to wait if you want those features...

Most reactions

Latest posts