What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad erased going thru airport security - twice!

Wantednow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i can tell if you if happens for me. im going to Miami here on this Friday.. so ill post when i get there if anything happens to my Ipad 2

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still don't get this one.

I travel every month, often going through half a dozen airports on a single trip.

The iPhone and iPad use identical technology for memory.

I have literally sent my iPad and iPhone through over 100 xray machines at airports in the US, Europe and Asia and never seen any issues.

A google search also comes up with no claims other than on this forum.

-t

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still don't get this one.

I travel every month, often going through half a dozen airports on a single trip.

The iPhone and iPad use identical technology for memory.

I have literally sent my iPad and iPhone through over 100 xray machines at airports in the US, Europe and Asia and never seen any issues.

A google search also comes up with no claims other than on this forum.

-t

Frankly, I have the same reaction. On the other hand, it may be that a badly calibrated xray machine might produce the condition. That's the only way I can imagine that such a rare and occasional scenario might occur.

Most reactions