What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad email in Scotland?

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I asked earlier if I can use my iPad in Scotland, but neglected to ask about using email to contact family at home. I know my cell phone won't work over there, so my only contact is iPad email. Will this be possible to use it as I do here in Colorado, or is there something else I must do? Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wi-fi is pretty standard, the world over. As long as you can find a wi-fi network to connect to you should be able to send and receive emails normally. That should be true of just about everything you normally do with your iPad.

The few exceptions may be some streaming, messaging, and video conferencing apps. Not all apps of these types will work outside the country.

Email, however, is a world wide standard.

OP
E

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-fi is pretty standard, the world over. As long as you can find a wi-fi network to connect to you should be able to send and receive emails normally. That should be true of just about everything you normally do with your iPad.

The few exceptions may be some streaming, messaging, and video conferencing apps. Not all apps of these types will work outside the country.

Email, however, is a world wide standard.
Thank you. I thought that was probably the case, but decided I'd better double check before telling my kids.

Most reactions

Latest posts