What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Email attachment download problem

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot download a pdf file that is attached to my email??

What happens when you try to "download" the PDF file? Do you get an error notice or does nothing happen?

The usual way to "download" a PDF is to actually open it in another app. The iPad is app-centric, not file-centric - there is no central place for downloaded files to go to. You need to select an app to open the attachment in as each app controls it's own file system.

If you press and hold the attachment, you should get a pop up window that has an "Open In" button. Pressing that should provide you with a list of apps installed on your iPad that you can use to open the file with. The PDF will be permanently stored within the app you opened to view it.

If you just want to view the PDF and not save it outside of the Mail app, press and hold the attachment. This time, however, look for and press the "Quick Look" option. This will open the Mail app viewer so you can read the file. It won't be saved (or downloaded) anywhere. But, I think this is best if you just want to look at the file...

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Sumer Agarwal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The attachment still does not download. I have tried the reply given in the Forum

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could go to the App Store and download a .pdf read like Adobe
that opens.pdf files and it’s free

Most reactions

Latest posts