What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad dropped

irishgirl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I need to know if the screen for my daughter's iPad2 is replaceable. She is autistic has come to depend on this device, but she accidentally dropped in coming into the kitchen tonight. :(

I purchased it only 3 weeks ago and now I am not sure what to do...:confused:

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope that you can work something out. My son gets upset when his computer is playing up and I get called at work to help sort it out.

He does like my ipad and his birthday is coming up soon...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - as the other poster has commented - we have had several reports from members that Apple are operating an unofficial one-time only courtesy replacement for broken glass where it can be ascertained that the breakage was due to unfortunate circumstances. I would visit an Apple Store and explain the circumstances in detail.

Tim

OP
I

irishgirl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: I bought her iPad at the Future Shop, do you think they will do the same thing since they arevan authorized reseller?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: I bought her iPad at the Future Shop, do you think they will do the same thing since they arevan authorized reseller?

I would imagine so - it's sort of a warranty thing, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't. But maybe others have some specific knowledge about this.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
irishgirl1 said:

You really need to go direct to apple, either apple store or apple.com.

The Archangel

OP
I

irishgirl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I hope it can be fixed quickly, she was so upset....so was I. Knowing it can be repaired is calming.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
irishgirl1 said:
Thanks for the advice. I hope it can be fixed quickly, she was so upset....so was I. Knowing it can be repaired is calming.

Try the reseller first but in a recent thread I saw a reseller sent someone's iPad away for repair rather than give a straight replacement, if they want to do this you may want to try an apple store if you have one close enough as they should replace on the spot.......but hopefully your reseller will replace immediately.

The Archangel

OP
I

irishgirl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Future Shop advised I purchase the screen and then bring it back and they can fix it. It will cost 100.00 labour at the store. He suggested eBay, but I am not sure if this is the best way to go.
Any suggestions ...

Reaction score
Have you visited an AppleStore in person?

I would guess, that futureshops response was just given to get rid of you. You can't purchase the display separately, at least not that I know off. And well, a $100 charge for fixing it, when you need to purchase the display separately, you may as well buy a new iPad.

Ask Apple for help.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
irishgirl1 said:
Future Shop advised I purchase the screen and then bring it back and they can fix it. It will cost 100.00 labour at the store. He suggested eBay, but I am not sure if this is the best way to go.
Any suggestions ...

Definitely what is advised above and in my earlier post......go direct to Apple......if possible go to a physical store, you should hopefully get a replacement on the spot.

The Archangel

Most reactions