What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad doesn't turn on

sevicetek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everybody got a problem with an ipad i just got, turns on normally but nothing shows on the screen, the display is on but nothing comes up. Then all of the sudden the screen flashes in withe with the letter of the Hello and so on but it doesn't stays on
Help please

Enviado desde mi LG-D724 mediante Tapatalk

OP
S

sevicetek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will put pics of it later, forgot to mention its an ipad 2

OP
S

sevicetek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I try that and nothing happened

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you give us more background info on the iPad? You say you just got it. Have you seen it working at all? DO you know anything about its history? Is it recognized in itunes?

OP
S

sevicetek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No i havent seen it working normally try to do some software troubleshoting but it didnt woerked the ipad connects normally to itunes the only thing its that the power cord has a cut in the wire by plug that goes in the ipad.
So thats why i gess its a hardware problem.
My issue is that i dont normally work with apple i do the other tablets and cell phones but with this one i want to get some tips befpre i get my hands on it
Thanks for your time

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First thing is to try another cord if that one is damaged. Another thing it may be is that the LCD connector is loose inside the iPad (common for iPad 2), Try Smacking the back of the tablet a couple of times. If that doesn't work you may have to open the tablet and reseat the cable.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everybody got a problem with an ipad i just got, turns on normally but nothing shows on the screen, the display is on but nothing comes up. Then all of the sudden the screen flashes in withe with the letter of the Hello and so on but it doesn't stays on
Help please

Hello sevicetek and welcome to the forum. Just letting you know that the post you inserted into another thread has been deleted as you, correctly, started your own thread here regarding your problem. Inserting a post into a thread dealing with someone elses problem is "hijacking" and is not allowed by the rules. (See the link re rules below)
It's good to see you had a response. Please come back to let us know how you got on with the suggestion/s.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts