What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad do not support multi column text across pages for epub

amitc888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am creating a 2 column layout epub book using HTML5 and CSS3 as it supports multi column. My book contain numbered paragraphs,
but when it is loaded in iPad multi-columns running across pages do not work.

The first column instead running to the second column, runs on the first column of the next page and so. The second column of the first page starts with the content where the first column has stopped; dividing the content proportionally to fit in.

I have worked this using a 'xpgt' file on ADE and it works fine but it is no use for iPad and ADE do not support CSS3.

I hope iPad do not sense the pagebreak for multi columns. (My html has no pagebreaks neither in CSS)

Have anyone come across this?

Amit C.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wouldn't say that the ipad doesn't support it, just the ebook app your using. check them all and see which one works. hopefully the one that works might be one of the more popular ones. contact the developers of the the app and see if you can work something out.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I noticed the same thing when trying to convert a PDF with Excel tables into an epub with Calibre. It converted, but the table was messed up.

The PDF worked fine in iBooks by itself so I just left it that way. Since PDF's can be done with ToC and other features just like epubs, I am probably going to continue producing those instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts