What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Display Shaking unwantedly and should be restart

ersantoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very happy to get my ipad since 1 month ago and no problem at all.
However this last 2 weeks, sometimes my ipad display suddenly shaking randomly and I can not do anything unless I restart my ipad.

Is there anyone who has the same problem?

How to fix it?

Thanks.
Erik

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean all the icons start shaking?

When this happens, do they all have an "X" in the upper left-hand corner?

If so, this happens when you hold down on an icon for a few seconds. It's to let you move them around or delete them.

Pressing the Home button will stop them shaking/wiggling.

OP
E

ersantoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Robert, it is not like that. the whole screen is shaking randomly and cannot do anything.

It is not like condition when we want to delete or move the icon. I know something wrong with my ipad but I don't know how to fix it.

I just restrart the ipad.

Erik

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If restarting it doesn't help, or it occurs again, sounds like an iPad problem.

I believe the most common response would be to take it to an Apple store or call their customer support to describe the problem to them and see what they say to do.

Sorry I couldn't help.

ch126387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too!

I am experiencing his issue as well. If I'm in safari when it happens, the interface responds as if I am tryingg to expand/shrink the page. I can use the button to exit the app but the the main screen does the same thing.

bwrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this problem too. In Safari sometimes it just starts randomly shaking around and doesn't respond to any touchscreen input. It doesn't even respond to the swipe to turn off, so I have to press power off and home simultaneously.

This is happening increasingly frequently and has started happening in other apps besides Safari.

Did the others who had this problem solve it?

My ipad is not jailbroken

bwrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a video, this shows the problem in action.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_1DLKEaNE[/ame]

Last edited:

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that is a problem.

I would contact Apple immediately and provide them with a link to that video.

That video is kinda disturbing, like an iPad horror movie.

bwrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that is a problem.

I would contact Apple immediately and provide them with a link to that video.

That video is kinda disturbing, like an iPad horror movie.

Yeah, it's going to a repair centre tomorrow. The guy I spoke to at the Apple hotline had never heard of the problem before and sounded kinda sceptical. Thing is, it doesn't happen all the time - about once an hour or so. It almost certainly won't happen when I show it to the technician tomorrow. Hence, why I decided to video it. From what I can make out, it doesn't seem to be a common problem but it is now so frequent that my iPad is unusable.

Agree, it is kinda disturbing, almost as if the machine is haunted or something :confused:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A touch screen works by sending a slight static charge to ones finger....when the circuit is complete it can determine a location.

The screen going crazy like that looks like it is either plugged in to a non grounded outlet or it is coming in contact with an electro static field.

bwrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree theoretically that could be the explanation. However, it happens when it is not plugged into any outlet and in a variety of locations, held and not held. It's going to the repair centre in 25 minutes so time will tell, but my belief is that it has dodgy sensors. I believe the way a touch screen works is effectively via an array of voltmeters, which are aligned both horizontally and vertically. They measure the voltage across each horizontal and vertical line and determine the location of the touch by the intersection. If there is noise in these readings, the iPad will think it is being touched when it is not.

Sharondaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shaking Apps -

I have the same problem... It just started 5 mins ago. I restarted and everything is still shaking. Thought my ipad was possessed! Glad I'm not the only one. Please let me know apple says the problem is. In the meantime I will record video of the crazy shakes as well.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem... It just started 5 mins ago. I restarted and everything is still shaking. Thought my ipad was possessed! Glad I'm not the only one. Please let me know apple says the problem is. In the meantime I will record video of the crazy shakes as well.

Welcome to the iPad Forums, Sharon. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visit(s) here.

This is a two-year old thread and I doubt the member is still around to give feedback. So, may I suggest you contact Apple about your shaking screen? It may be the quickest way to get your issue resolved.

Cause, from re-reading the thread, it sounds as if this is a job for the Geniuses at the Apple store. Hopefully, they'll be able to get it sorted for you.

Oh, but have you tried a reset of the iPad? It won't change any of your settings or delete any apps, but it may help (and Apple will ask if you've tried it, anyway). To do, with apologies if you know:

RESET: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (on some iOS versions, the "slide to power off" button will appear; just ignore it). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts