What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Display Problem

nayoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
got problems with my ipad
it seems my ipad got no displat at all.
ipad can start but no dislpay.
it still can sync with itunes but still no display.

please advice

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And you've pressed the buttons, like the sleep one?

---
- Mistress of Mischief

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are able to sync with iTunes then I'd try a reboot.

Switch the iPad off.

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - it can take up to 20 seconds. The iPad will reboot - again it takes a while and all should be OK.

Tim

madknownz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry to wake up an old thread.
its just happened to me today.....
my ipad can sync but no display...

please help me to find the solution.

funnymama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my ipad as of yesterday. I tried this as well as a sync and a reboot. Everything works on that part, however, I can't see anything on the screen until I guess where the slide is and turn it off. Then the little dial thing in the center of the screen appears and works until the thing shuts down. Also, when I start it up the apple flashes on the screen for just a split second. I can guess where the slide is and I can slide the on screen button and it makes the click noise just like it is opening up but I see nothing but the back light. Do you know if it is the screen that needs replacing?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
funnymama said:
I am having the same problem with my ipad as of yesterday. I tried this as well as a sync and a reboot. Everything works on that part, however, I can't see anything on the screen until I guess where the slide is and turn it off. Then the little dial thing in the center of the screen appears and works until the thing shuts down. Also, when I start it up the apple flashes on the screen for just a split second. I can guess where the slide is and I can slide the on screen button and it makes the click noise just like it is opening up but I see nothing but the back light. Do you know if it is the screen that needs replacing?

Reset factory settings to see if that clears up the problem.

I fear however the graphics accelerator has gone bad if the factory reset does not remedy the problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@funnymama: Could you, perhaps, have your screen brightness turned done all the way? Because it sounds as if your iPad is fine, you just can't see it.

You can double-click the Home button (or do the 4-finger swipe up trick) and then swipe to the right. On the left side is a slider bar. See if moving that slider all the way to the right (or even to the middle) helps.

If that's not it, then I'm sorry, but I don't know what could be wrong.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
@funnymama: Could you, perhaps, have your screen brightness turned done all the way? Because it sounds as if your iPad is fine, you just can't see it.

You can double-click the Home button (or do the 4-finger swipe up trick) and then swipe to the right. On the left side is a slider bar. See if moving that slider all the way to the right (or even to the middle) helps.

If that's not it, then I'm sorry, but I don't know what could be wrong.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Sometimes I am oblivious to the obvious ! *headsmack*

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Sometimes I am oblivious to the obvious ! *headsmack*

... But most of the time, you have answers to questions that leave most of us floundering. Don't smack that head too hard. It's too useful to risk damaging.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
... But most of the time, you have answers to questions that leave most of us floundering. Don't smack that head too hard. It's too useful to risk damaging.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

I thank you for the kind remarks.

I learn right along those with a question or problem as I was new to Apple when I purchased my first iPad. I was as lost as lost can be so I have great empathy for those going through the same process as I did. These forums, and those who administer, moderate, and participate in them make it the perfect vehicle for learning iDevices, the iOS platform, and the Apple ecosystem in general and It's nice to be able to return the favor where I can.

Most reactions

Latest posts