iPad Display Faulty

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Dude859, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Dude859

Dude859 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad is only a day old, and for some strange reason the display is not displaying the red colour properly. I also have noticed the all greens are displaying yellow and from time to time the screen flickers with red pixelation. Is there any fix for this I already restored the iPad to original factory settings but it still is the same. Anyone know why it does this thanks in advance Ron

2. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd take it to an Apple store and have it exchanged. Sounds like a manufacturers defect.

3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Its broken! It is time to take it back to where you bought it and get an exchange for a new one. Before you do, sync your iPad in iTunes so you will have a backup of everything you have acquired (although how much could you have acquired in one day?) so you can put all that on your new iPad.

EDIT: Purpleorchid posted her reply while I was typing mine! I knew I should have paid attention in typing class!

4. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL. Maybe you should have paid attention in typing class, maybe not. I don't know your typing skill (regular typer, hunt and peck typer, single finger typer, etc), but my response was shorter, that's all. I type normally on a regular keyboard, but since I'm always on the iPad, my two finger typing has become faster. :)

5. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I think you hit the nail on the head! Even though I have almost 1100 posts, they probably take up as much space as 2000 "normal" posts! :D

6. Dude859

Dude859 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks guys/gals - Im sending the unit back to Apple today (as I bought on-line) Hopefully I will get a new replacement.