What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Dish app connectivity

bauernfeind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bhivetravels.yolasite.com
He dish work, the app seems to work because I can set to record things, see what is playing but I cannot PLAY anything. I get an error message saying receiver is not attached to Internet ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to connect to the Internet for other apps - for example, Safari?

Try a complete power down of the iPad by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears and then accept the offer to switch off. Then, once the screen is completely blank, power up again and see if this fixes the problem.

Tim

OP
bauernfeind

bauernfeind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Tried it several times to no avail. I can see the schedule, I can schedule recording times, I just can't see live tv. Same on my iPhone and I just discovered, my daughters android device. So it appears this is perhaps not an iPad issue.

keysiebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi new here i am also having issues with Dish App but on the guide. I can record etc but am unable to change channels with App. It worked great for two weeks and suddenly stopped, i have reset the broadband and iPad numerous times. Any suggestions? This is very handy for my elderly early stage alz Mom who cant manage the tech of the remote while i am at work. Thx in adv - Bee

OP
bauernfeind

bauernfeind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
The remote and the live viewing are tied together and if one works the other should work. They need a good broadband signal so if you are using it at work perhaps your IT department reduced the bandwidth at you location, or perhaps you've moved a little further from the signal

Reaction score
Same issue here. Suddenly the dish app only allows recording which I'm unsure if it really does or not. Also on dishonline.com my DVR does not show my recordings along with the similar issue of never switching channels from the guide. I can manually change channels, however, using the num button. Strange and frustrating. Just spent 20 minutes on live chat support and got nowhere. Is there a solve?

Reaction score
Update - this has been bothering me to no end as I was a steady Ipad user of the dish app... Evidently this seems to be an issue on the DISH end of things as I figured out how to view and use all functions on slingbox dot com. Get it together Dish network and fix your apps and service!!

OP
bauernfeind

bauernfeind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Finally spke with a Dish/Slingpad technician yesterday who told me their tale of woes. Seems they switched service of some sort a few months ago and this has affected sling performance. While she promises they are working the issue they have no resolution date. I am going to check out the Slingpad web site mentioned in previous post to see how that works.

keysiebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have the sling and only use the App to change channels. However i am beginning to wonder if Dish is not making an attempt for users to purchase the sling by the constant errors and opening of addirional pages on how to purchase the device. The tab that was in place earlier is now missing and you are only left with the options for using the sling device. So basically for non-users the App is just a fancy TV Guide

Most reactions

Latest posts