1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

IPad disc space error grrrrr

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Ozmarocker626, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Ozmarocker626

Ozmarocker626 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok to start off I have an iPad 16 gig wifi running the 4.3.3 (8j3) os.
    I got an error telling me to delete pictures or videos cause I was out of space.
    So I went and deleted about 40 pictures and some apps and it free'ed up about 200mbs.the space stayed there for about 4 days. And yet again I get the same disc error. So I delete more pictures and more apps and I goto check my available space and it says 0 still. I've deleted a total of 120 pictures and 15 applications to no avail with the space. Am I missing something?

I would sync to the computer but I don't have the one I had when I got the iPad and don't wanna lose my music or stuff. Hence why also I have updated to ios5.
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Regarding your issue, double press your home button to bring up your multi task bar. This will appear at the bottom of your iPad and show all the apps you have had open at some time. Long press one of these until they begin to jiggle and a red minus sign will appear on each app, press all the minus signs and this will close them all. Have a look now and see if this has improved your space issue. It's a good idea to restart your iPad from time to time also. Long press the on off button at the top right of your iPad until the turn off slider appears, slide this and when the ensuing whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Long press the same button until the Apple logo appears, give it a few seconds and your iPad will restart. Have a look at your space now. Let us know if this has fixed your problem. Good luck!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other to learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
    Reading the IPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    We have rules like any Community, so please read these also.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. Ozmarocker626

Ozmarocker626 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have ended all the apps by holding down the home key. I've restarted. I even tried resetting my device and to know avail the space doesn't return :/ I can't figure out where it goes either. I've even cleared the safari histories cache and cookies. I'm getting to my wits end with it lol. I wanna redownload some of the apps I deleted but don't have the space to :(