What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"iPad disabled connect to iTunes" away from home and iTunes computer.... Now what?

Ibddude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I've seen a number of threads on this topic and I'm not liking what I am reading so thought I'd describe the situ in
hopes of getting better news.

Away from home (and home computer) for the holiday... Woke this morning to my daughter distraught over iPad with message "iPad disabled connect to iTunes". First how does this happen? Can an OS error put it in this mode or doesn't only happen when someone (little brother) fails the passcode attempt X times? He says he didn't touch it so only thing left is OS error or gremlins.... The next issue is her iTunes data is on a home computer back in the US so connecting to iTunes I'm assuming means, connecting to the computer/iTunes combo where her backup resides... Which by the way she hasn't done in a long time.

So if what I'm reading is correct, the best we can hope for is backing it up to what ever she had when she did her last sync and all else will be lost... Correct? I understand security and all but I believe this is a flaw, worse case should be if it's connected to her homE computer it would unlock the device

DAd hoping to be a hero

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Devices can also be locked or wiped using the Find My iPad app, or via iCloud if you have Find My iPad installed.

If it was locked, you can unlock the iPhone by going through icloud.com in a computer browser. There is a procedure that involves reseting the passcode.

Other than that, I can't think of anything other than what you've already mentioned.

These links may help, or not.

iOS: Device disabled after entering wrong passcode
iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

Most reactions

Latest posts