What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Decals/Vinyls (NOT SKINS)

Svrdhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been meaning to personalize my iPad for some time now with a vinyl sticker/decal. I've seen a few designs by googling the term and came across a small selection of helpful sites. Most notably: Etsy.

I skimmed through the forums to find a thread on sharing decal designs/websites, but did not come across anything too extensive. If such a thread exists, could somebody point me in the right direction?

If not, then reply and link your favorite decals and vinyls! Happy bedecking!

icon4.gif
NOTE: This does not include all-over vinyl skins; rather decals that give the back of the iPad some personality.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try searching for MacBook Pro decals instead. Since they are designed for aluminum, they should work just as well on the iPad and there are plenty of companies selling them. You'll just have to be cautious about the size and orientation of the decals, to make sure they will fit, or be easily cut down to fit.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is on my HP Mini and I love it! I got this one and others from a site called Decal Girl. I think.:D They fit so well and are so cool it looks like it was painted on!

They have decals for everything!
P1060019.jpg

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Decal Girl also (see my pic on my ID). I have bought several - for the iphone, the kindle and the ipad - love them all. They come off fairly easy too! Kinda like changing purses...hehehe!

Chiky

OP
Svrdhd

Svrdhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet, I'll definitely give that a look. I would expect to see more decals considering the sheer volume of MacBookPros on the market.

@SweetPoison and Hdchiky, Those are really cool! But I'm looking more towards a decal that just adds some personality to the back, not a full-blown skin.

heres an example:
squid_ipad_decals.png

Thanks for your input guys! I really appreciate it :)

OP
Svrdhd

Svrdhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You did say decals, not skins. Oops!

Try Ebay or Amazon for them!

Hahaha, it's okay! I just tried Amazon and found a vendor! Granted, most of the decals are meant for MacBook Pros; but like twerppoet said, they can always be trimmed!

Link: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_miscellaneous?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=AppleStyx"]AppleStyx[/ame]

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Skins normally cover all the area and a decal is like the back of the ipad showing above. Decals cover a smaller area.

Most reactions

Latest posts