What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Dashboard Widgets?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
fury.com-app-compare.jpg

Kevin Fox of Fury.com has brought something to our attention. Six apps seem to be missing from the iPad's home screen in all of the pictures we've seen. Could these apps be hiding as OSX style Dashboard Widgets? It's certainly an interesting idea.

Imagine that a five-finger pinch caused the screen to dim and a bevy of widgets flew in to the screen for quick consumption and calculation, and then were dismissed by another five-finger flick? With props to Entourage, ‘Is that something you might be interested in?’

We still have a little less then two months before we see this device hit the streets. Just maybe, Apple is holding back a few goodies that will be announced throughout the long waiting period.

{Source: Fury.com}

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess for why we haven't seen them is that the units available at the demo were running a subset of the finished OS. I wouldn't be surprised to see the slate ship with an OS version labeled 3.5 or even 4.0, though I think 4.0 probably won't be available till closer to the end of the year.

I'd say there are probably a few surprises left for us.

Most reactions

Latest posts