What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Custom Notifications?

Ipad Girl 3398

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard of "boxcar" and "push 3.0" but thats not what i'm looking for. I want to be able to type my own notifications and set them for a certain time... For example if i was needing to go to a party i would put "TIME TO GET READY FOR THE PARTY" and set it for say 6pm... and then it would pop up.. Any way to do this, Any apps, or anything at all i could do something like that?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does't the native iPad Calendar app give you this capability? You can set alerts that will 'pop' up on the screen to remind you of a specific event and, for each event, you have the choice of two reminders that you can set to come up at predefined times - i.e. 5, 15, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day before the event etc etc - or at the actual event time. When the alert 'goes off' it pops up a dialog box onto the screen with the event text and a button for you to dismiss it.

Tim
Scotlan

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like Tim I use the Calendar app for this. For things like spotting satellites where I want the alert to appear one minute before the event I either enter the event on my Mac or modify it there since it permits finer time settings.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is also a sticky note kind of app called BugMe! that lets you write little notes to yourself and then set an alarm to be reminded of them. You can also save the note to the homescreen.

It's on sale as of this typing for $.99 USD.

Nice little app I have and use - YMMV.

Marilyn

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And if you are jailbroken there are apps to put your calendar, ToDo list and new email messages on your lock screen

Most reactions

Latest posts