What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Crashed or Frozen

SControlX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this forum :p

well my iPad crashed and i hold on home button and power button

and now its stuck on the white apple and black screen
when you usually turn on the iPad

what to do ?

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your restarting method doesn’t work then try with a soft reset. Simply press the Home and Hold buttons at the same time. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the screen flash, then turn dark. Wait for about a minute or two before restarting your Apple iPad. Then see what happens.

ipadange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem - just a black screen with the apple logo in the middle. itunes not picking the ipad up either when plugged into PC. Any advice gratefully received. Have tried holding down the home and hold buttons - it just flashes and then back to the logo again. Many thanks in advance.

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to help you in this:
1. PRAY you have been a loyal "backer-uper" and backed up before said crash
2. Plug iPad into computer
3. Press and hold the power button and home button until 1 second after the screen goes black
4. Release ONLY the power button
5. Keep holding the home button until you see Windows say "Installing Device Driver" or something along those lines(sorry Mac users, I don't know what the response would be for a Mac)
6. You can THEN AND ONLY THEN release the home button
* * * --> The next step may take up to five minutes to occur <-- * * *
7A. If your computer opens up iTunes, Jesus heard your prayers, just restore from your most recent backup
7B. If your computer did not open up iTunes, you may need to bring your iPad to an Apple store.

Nihat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Sonia. I had the same problem and followed your advice. It was magic. All systems seem to be 'go'.

Most reactions

Latest posts