What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad crash

CKC65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I attempted to forward an email with several attachments yesterday -- after a couple of hours of the iPad being in the process of sending, and not responding to any input, it crashed. Went dark. Will not go on even if plugged in. Does not get recognized when connected to my computer. It's just totally dead. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? It's an iPad 2. THANKS!!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi CkC...

I didn't see whether you mentioned what operating system (OS) you are on? The latest for the ipad is iOS 5.01. Verify that on your ipad under Settings/General/About/Version

I have read there is still a need for developers to update their apps to work efficiently with the current IOS that is on the iPad. So knowing which version you are running may be part of if.

If you have not done this already, give this a try: May want to try these in order and proceed to the next step if it does not work.

Try to quit the apps that are an issue. To do this by pressing the home button twice to see the bar of apps on the bottom of the screen. Find the apps that are not responding and long press onto the app until it shakes. When it starts to shake, touch the red negative sign in the corner of the app. This will not delete, but will close the app. Than open and retry to see if it works.

If not, than restart the ipad. Press the power switch until you get the slide lock to power off. Turn back on and retry.

If not, than reset the ipad. Press the power switch and the home button until the screen turns off. May take a few seconds to power off.

Let us know if this is still giving you a problem.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi CkC...

I didn't see whether you mentioned what operating system (OS) you are on? The latest for the ipad is iOS 5.01. Verify that on your ipad under Settings/General/About/Version

I have read there is still a need for developers to update their apps to work efficiently with the current IOS that is on the iPad. So knowing which version you are running may be part of if.

If you have not done this already, give this a try: May want to try these in order and proceed to the next step if it does not work.

Try to quit the apps that are an issue. To do this by pressing the home button twice to see the bar of apps on the bottom of the screen. Find the apps that are not responding and long press onto the app until it shakes. When it starts to shake, touch the red negative sign in the corner of the app. This will not delete, but will close the app. Than open and retry to see if it works.

If not, than restart the ipad. Press the power switch until you get the slide lock to power off. Turn back on and retry.

If not, than reset the ipad. Press the power switch and the home button until the screen turns off. May take a few seconds to power off.

Let us know if this is still giving you a problem.

If it has gone dead screen blank and will not respond to any attempt to restarting it, how can someone do anything with it?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it has gone dead screen blank and will not respond to any attempt to restarting it, how can someone do anything with it?

Perhaps skipping merrily to the Apple store for a consult would be the next solution if indeed he has tried all immediate solutions.

What would be your step in finding a solution for the OP other than what has been recommended?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Well, I'm not sure how much battery charge was left on the OP's iPad2 when the device went 'dead'; but a 'Restart' or a 'Reset' would require a minimal amount of charge. I would suggest 'charging' the iPad w/ the AC unit for several hours and then see if the device is revived? If so, then you might want to give skimonkey's suggestions a try.

If the iPad2 is NOT revived after an attempted recharge, then you might need to visit an Apple store - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts