What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad CPU temp app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any apps out there that will tell me my iPads current temp? I know years ago I had a free one I used on my 3GS but can't find it on the App Store either under iPad only or iPad/iPhone apps. Nor is it in my prior purchased list. I've found quite a few apps that give battery info and other device info but none seem to include the current temp.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I've done some searching and there doesn't appear to be a third party app that does that.

Fact is there shouldn't be a temperature issue with your iOS device. If it does overheat, not warm but 'hot' to the touch, you should take it to a Genius Bar for a diagnostic.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad user guide for iOS 6 gives this advice......

“iPad is designed to work in ambient temperatures between 32° and 95° F (0° and 35° C) and stored in temperatures between -4° and 113° F (-20° and 45° C). iPad can be damaged and battery life shortened if stored or operated outside of these temperature ranges.”

Excerpt From: Inc, Apple. “iPad User Guide For iOS 6.1.” Apple Inc., 2013. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-6.1/id600665136?mt=11

HTH

Richard

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again - don't believe there is an app for the iPad (like iStats for a Mac) to check the internal temps - might want to take a look at post #9 in THIS THREAD and follow the two links provided - some interesting reading, at least for me - BUT, I followed the instructions and my iPad has generated a daily log for the last week or so - for the life of me, I cannot find a temperature listing in the logs - you might have a different experience? :)

OP
jgelety

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I don't believe I'm having a temp issue. If you see my other post you'll know I'm having a battery issue with my iPad 3. I've done some things listed to do which helped and still waiting for the new 12w charger to get here. My reason for the temp app was to rule out that my current case isn't allowing the iPad to stay cool enough. So I wanted to check the temp regularly to see if I am having a cooling issue. I've had this case for a month and the issue only started a couple days ago so I doubt it's a cooling issue. But I'm a police officer & paramedic so I'm use to ruling things out to assist in finding what's wrong.

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

OP
jgelety

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
might want to take a look at post #9 in THIS THREAD

Good read. I of course had the "do not send" so I'll need to wait for the report tomorrow. I did however have a "low memory" report there for yesterday. Seems between the few apps I had in my multitask bar and a big game going I killed my memory leaving only 12mb of memory free. That would explain my initial battery issue. But even after resetting & restoring my iPad and attempting to charge it I was having issues. It took 2 hours to charge from 5% to 7% while task bar was cleared and the iPad locked. Then charging it over night for 7 hours while locked it only went from 8% to 77%. Today at work I've had it plugged in and on several apps at once. It's holding at 67% for the last 4 hours while using all of those plugged in. Maybe my iPad had a temporary brain fart?

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

Knotts70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery Forecaster Pro 2 gives you battery temperature . It's the closest thing to a CPU temperate app that tells your iPhone / iPad temperature readings. I currently use it on my iPhone 7. ISO 10 firmware .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The last post in this thread was made almost 4 years ago. The problem should have been solved in the meantime.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions