What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad covers

Tomatonut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Here in NZ there are ipad covers available with a built in keypad and USB drive input. May be a silly question but would I be able to watch xvids through the cover and perhaps broadcast them through my airplay.
Thanks.
Rosco

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never heard of a keyboard cover also having a USB input. Can you get the make and model to do some googling of the specs?

You can playback xvid files in a third party video app (take your pick - AVPlayerHD, OPlayerHD, GoodPlayer, etc.) You can use those apps to put the XVID files on your iPad for playback. Check your third party video app for AirPlay compatibility when purchasing through the App Store.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, that is for charging other USB devices per link:

"It’s not only the looks of this beautiful Power Keyboard case that make this case desirable, it also features an integrated 4,000 mAh Lithium-ion battery and a built-in USB port, which allow you to charge almost any device via a USB cable while you’re on the go."

Mini USB port for charging the built in battery, full size USB for charging other devices (including the iPad).

No data transfer capability.

Most reactions