What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Cover Magnet Problem

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have discovered that my quartz wrist watch loses time if it comes near the magnetic side of the Apple iPad cover.

This can't be good. I will remove the cover in future if I have my watch on

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm - interesting - but since the iPad also gives you the time, then why not take your watch off? :thumbs:

Just kidding - I'd probably put the watch next to a real magnet for a while to see if the effect is the same - may not be the iPad cover? Dave :)

OP
Norriemca

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Giradman.

I have found that strapping my iPad to my wrist is a bit clumsy. Much prefer the watch !! Ha Ha.

I am quite happy that it is the IPad cover magnets that slow down the watch and I just want to warn others to keep their watches away from the iPad covers.

Any magnet will of course affect a watch.

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. The magnet in the covers is pretty small. I'm surprised it would affect your watch. I don't want to sound rude but is the watch maybe a cheap one? I'm a police officer & paramedic and I wear a cheap one to work so I'm in no way knocking your watch. Just trying to figure out why a magnet so small would affect it. Definitely something worth testing out. Most of my watches are digital so I assume they'll not be affected. But my good watch is a Tag Heuer and I'm not testing this on it!

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who uses a watch while using an iPad?

You already have the time set the the status bar (Or if it is what its called, you can find it at the very top of the screen.).

- Victor Ruidera

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who uses a watch while using an iPad?

You already have the time set the the status bar (Or if it is what its called, you can find it at the very top of the screen.).

- Victor Ruidera

Well I wear a watch ALL the time. I don't make it a point to purposely take my watch off just because I am using my iPad!

OP
Norriemca

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all.

My watch is an expensive Swiss Longines quartz and very accurate.
That is how I noticed it had lost a couple of minutes when close to the Smart Cover.

I just keep it well away from all magnets now.

Most reactions

Latest posts