What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad corrupted how do you fix it??

muir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad one and it is not jail broke but it says it is corrupted. I turned it on and got a message saying it was corrupted and the screen came up but it was a green colour. Now I have restored the normal way and also via DFU but I still get only the colour green on the iPad. Is there anything else I can do or is it toast. Any help would be appreciated. It is IOS 5.1.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
muir said:
I have an iPad one and it is not jail broke but it says it is corrupted. I turned it on and got a message saying it was corrupted and the screen came up but it was a green colour. Now I have restored the normal way and also via DFU but I still get only the colour green on the iPad. Is there anything else I can do or is it toast. Any help would be appreciated. It is IOS 5.1.

Is your iPad still under warranty?

This error is usually caused by a problem with the graphics accelerator. It is a known issue and will likely require a trip to the genius bar to be fixed.

Was this unit dropped recently? Is there any external damage to the unit that you can identify?

OP
M

muir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad still under warranty?

This error is usually caused by a problem with the graphics accelerator. It is a known issue and will likely require a trip to the genius bar to be fixed.

Was this unit dropped recently? Is there any external damage to the unit that you can identify?

iPad is 2 years old and no longer under warranty, it has not been drop. It was used a lot but never dropped to my knowledge. Thank you for the information.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
muir said:
iPad is 2 years old and no longer under warranty, it has not been drop. It was used a lot but never dropped to my knowledge. Thank you for the information.

If there is no indication of damage you have a better chance at Apple providing you a refurb than not. Regardless though they aren't required to replace the unit so be friendly, respectful, and honest when talking to your sales associate at the Apple store so to increase your chances of getting a replacement unit.

Good luck

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a bummer. It can't hurt to take it to your closest Apple store. Hopefully you'll get lucky and and they will replace it. Good Luck!

musicgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. In your case, you just need to bring it to the nearest Apple center. I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to fix it yourself based on how you described your iDevice condition. Good luck mate.

Peter_MacProf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help, but I can tell you I was given an iPad 1 for Christmas 2010 and six months later it started doing all those things. It was replaced under warranty and then the replacement started exhibiting the same symptoms. Replacements come with a 90 day warranty. I am now on my fourth replacement (ie, fifth iPad) and the 90 days will be up any time now. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts