What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad controller for lectures?

psjeong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone know if there is a hardware controller for iPad that will enable me to easily rewind by about 5 seconds for each click? I'm looking for such a device to listen to my lectures which I need to rewind occasionally to catch what my professors say. I guess controllers which require you to hold onto the "previous track" button to rewind would be okay, but inconvenient. The ideal would be a dedicated rewind button that will go back a few seconds in the audio.

Thanks in advance!

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the SoundNote app to take notes and record lectures at the same time? Then you can click on one of your notes and the audio will replay that section of the lecture. Clicking will take you to that phrase in the audio. Click the note again to replay. Great app.

OP
P

psjeong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the SoundNote app to take notes and record lectures at the same time? Then you can click on one of your notes and the audio will replay that section of the lecture. Clicking will take you to that phrase in the audio. Click the note again to replay. Great app.

Yes, I've been using SoundNote for several months now. My primary use for it is to record audio, however. I use GoodReader for the actual notes because my professors provide PDF slides for the classes, and I can use GoodReader to conveniently write on the PDF slides themselves.

If a controller can somehow work with SoundNote, I could play the audio straight from SoundNote. If the controller will not work with SoundNote, I just need to make sure I can play the audio files through the "iPod" app in my iPad. This way I can read my PDF notes straight from GoodReader while controlling the lecture audio with the controller. This would be huge for me because I can get rid of the PC for studying! All I will need is the iPad for color PDFs, my own notes added to the PDF slides (hand-drawn, typed, etc), and easily maneuverable lecture audio! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts