What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Controlled Drone

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The French company Parrot has made a model quadracopter that includes a built in WiFi network so that it can be controlled by an iPad. The model has 2 video cameras that send real time video back to the iPad's display.

The app that controls the quadracopter features augmented reality which places computer generated images in the real time video feed that is sent back to the iPad. This allows the end user to play video games in any surroundings that they can travel to.

Source Link with Video: iPad Controlled Drone

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure that AR Drone 2.0 will have a 30 minute flight time when it is released in 2012.

iTazm0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been following the development of this thing since it's announcement some time ago at CES, but now I find out it has a disappointing price of $300. Kinda steep.

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that they will have a problem selling them at $300.00 as the demand is definitely there.

Most reactions