What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Contacts Back Up

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I back-up the contacts (address book) on my iPad to my computer?

I`m not sure if they will back up during a contacts sync and am afraid they will most likely be replace by the contacts on the computer instead.

Thanks.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever you plug your iPad into a computer and bring up iTunes it should sync if you have that checked. It will only do a backup of your iPad contacts.

When I first ran my iPad it asked me if I wanted my contacts to be included, so it took everything off my gmail. Did you say no and put in you own contact list? If you did, that''s all it should back up.

OP
Kingsmuse

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok here`s my situation.

This iPad is not mine, it`s my wife`s.

I made my first ever initial sync of my wife`s iPad with my Macbook Pro.
It would not sync the contacts from her gmail account and still will not sync the contacts with her gmail account.

I had to input them all by hand, no small feat as she has hundreds of clients.
Since then she has added and altered these contacts on her iPad.

I now have a Mac Min I`m going to use to Sync and update her iPad with from now on due to the plethora of insane problems syncing it with my Macbook caused(Contacts lost, Calendars crossed over, books screwed up etc..).

I now want to move the contacts she has on her iPad to this Mac Mini.
The Mac Mini`s contacts(address book) are empty.

Her contact list is her bread and butter if I lose it I may be looking at divorce :)

When I check the box to "Sync Address Book Contacts" in the "Info" screen farther down the screen in the "Advanced" area where the "Replace information on this iPad" section is the "Contacts" label becomes darker as it does when you check the box to actually replace the contacts of the iPad with the contacts of the Mac Mini even though the check box next to "Contacts" is not checked.

My problem here is I am about 99.9%% sure that if I proceed with this sync my wife`s contacts on the iPad will be replaced with the contacts from the Mac Mini (which has no contacts) effectively wiping out any and all back-ups of these contacts.

All I want to do is back up the contacts from the iPad to the Mac Mini safely.
How do I do this?

Most reactions