What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad connectivity

pstiles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a person with ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease. I have lost the ability to speak and use my IPad with a text to speech program to communicate.

This work great in face to face situations, but does not work well over the telephone. I do use a relay service for non-sensitive data related calls.

I am wondering if the IPad can do the following, and if so how?

Connect the IPad to a phone (either via hard wired or Bluetooth) where the voice from the person on the other end of the phone is played over the IPad speaker, and the sound from the text to speech program goes out over both the IPad speaker and the phone so the person on the other end of the line can hear what the program is saying.

I have tried to use a speaker phone, but people say it is difficult to her. The speaker phone I used is a Polycom Sound Station.

Thanks

Paul

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Paul...welcome to the forum.

That's a good question to find out regarding voice to text from someone on the other line. I am not sure and not aware if anyone here has done that with an app or even with Siri.

By the way, I am moving this to the Special Needs Forum where you will gain better attention.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts