Ipad connection on wifi

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DonnieBoston, Dec 11, 2013.

1. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i Work at a school. A person using an A T and T phone can get on Facebook using the school's wifi, but my iPad can't all of a sudden. It worked all of the time with Facebook, but now there's no connection for Facebook. I can get on everywhere else using the schools wifi but now not with Facebook. And the weirdest thing is my phone can't get on Facebook either when using wifi at the school when it used to get it with no problem. My provider with the phone is sprint. Now why would someone with an A t and t phone get Facebook using the schools wifi and now my iPad and phone don't all of a sudden? Thanks

2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,062 / 0
    Hi DonnieB.. - first I'm assuming that your Login Name/PW have not changed? Can you still get on FB w/ your iDevices at home on your own Wi-Fi network? Have your IT people setup the Wi-Fi network differently which requires you to make changes in Settings? If the latter is possible, then you probably need to ask the IT department there.

In the meantime, have you gone through the usual trio of maneuvers below - doubt any will work if you are fine @ home - good luck & let us know. Dave :)

3. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Did the IT block Facebook from their users? Someone using AT&T may be using their data plan or cellular, not the school's network.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,052 / 0
    I believe this is probably the answer. The phone is using cellular to access the web site while the school has blocked Facebook on their servers. So, the only option is to access Facebook while not on the school's servers.

Marilyn

5. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    . Yes. I found out more than likely. Not allowed in schools, but I been getting it for the longest time, where if you used a desk top computer in the school you were blocked from getting Facebook. However, the iPad and cell phone always had access to it up until a few days ago.

6. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    I would say that it is blocked on the school's network. Individual personal cell phones, using 3G or 4, to connect to Facebook. This is common for many business to block sites they determine not necessary.